Myth 5: You can never discover the true characteristics of an applicant from an interview.
Well, sort of! You can find out the true characteristics if you follow a robust recruitment process:
- Do your pre-interview screening
- Ask behavioural questions during the interview
- Set up a comprehensive trial
- End with a rigorous reference check.
This way you’ll uncover the suitability of the applicant before you appoint them and find the right employee for the job at hand.
Want to learn more about best practice recruitment and how to find the right employee for your service?
* In the above answers we’ve assumed that the employer is covered by the fair work system, which covers most Australian workplaces. This post is not intended to be nor should you rely on the above material on this blog as constituting legal advice. Postings have been prepared for informational purposes only.